A. Quality seed production
- Production of adequate quantities of breeder seed as per national requirement and augmenting the availability of quality planting material in the country.
- Quality maintenance of nucleus and breeder seeds by employing dynamic maintenance breeding and rapid genetic purity testing tools.
- Identification of suitable provenance for offseason seed production to compensate the effects of changing climate.
- Identification of suitable seed provenance for institution of ‘National Seed Reserves’, with special emphasis on pulses & oilseeds in states of Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
- Setting up of mechanized seed production & demonstration centres