Scientist (SS), Agricultural Entomology
Email: anjitha[dot]george[at]icar[dot]gov[dot]in, anjithakitty[at]gmail[dot]com
Specialisation: Integrated Pest Management, Insecticide Resistance and Toxicology
|| KAU, Thrissur
|| TNAU, Coimbatore
|| TNAU, Coimbatore
Joining date in ICAR (yyyy/mm/dd) : 2011/09/15
Current area of Research/Specialization: Insecticide resistance management and toxicological aspects, Integrated Pest Management, Semiochemicals
Ongoing Projects: Nil
Young Scientists Award-2020 by Dr.B.Vasantharaj David Foundation, Chennai- 600125
Young Scientist Award-2020 by Society for Biotic and Environmental Research, Tripura 799201Best poster award
Best poster award: a) National Citrus Meet at ICAR-CCRI, Nagpur held during 12-13, August 2013
b) 8th horticulture congress at IGKV, Raipur during 17-21, January 2019
4. Best Oral prize: During International conference on changing scenario of pest problems in “Agri-Horti Ecosystem And Their Management” held from27-29th Nov 2014 MPUAT, Udaipur, Rajasthan
5. Photography: Third prize in 2018 during Biomall Science Image contest (SIC).
6. INSPIRE fellowship by DST, New Delhi in 2011
7. Dr. T.V.Ramakrishna Ayyar best student award from Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore in 2010
8. Gold medal for MSc.Agri Entomology awarded from Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore in 2010
9. Junior Research Fellowship from Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi in 2008
- Documented species composition of insect pests and mites in citrus
- Development of an eco-friendly monitoring and mass trapping technology using sex pheromone against citrus leaf miner.
- Spray module for the management of citrus mites causing economic damage during fruiting season for Vidarbha region.
- Generated data for registration of synthetic insecticide “Cyantraniliprole 10.26% w/w OD” by E.I.Dupont Ltd. against major insect pests of citrus for its use in citrus belts.
- Documented the insecticide resistance levels in the field population of leaf miner, thrips and aphids for Vidarbha region.
- Evaluated components of push-pull strategy involving botanical/insecticide and inter crop for the management of fruit piercing moth.
| Research Papers in National / International Journals (Nos.)
| Paper presented/ abstract published
| Chapters in training manual / book (Nos.)
| Technical Bulletin / Extension folder (Nos.)
| Popular Articles (Nos.)