Principal Scientist , GENETICS & PLANT BREEDING
|| Subject / Discipline
| B.Sc. (Ag.)
|| Annamalai University
| M.Sc. (Ag)
|| Crop Improvement Division, ICAR- National Rice Research Institute, Cuttack
Genetics and Plant Breeding
|| Annamalai University
||Genetics and Plant Breeding
Joining date in ICAR (yyyy/mm/dd) : 2013/09/04
Current area of Research/Specialization: Genetics and Plant Breeding
- Recipient of NEWS India-UK Research Fellowship 2017-18 to undertake research on "Association mapping of nutrient use efficiency in rice" in UK institutes.
- Fellow of Indian Society of Genetics & Plant Breeding, 2021
- Fellow of Association for the Advancement of Biodiversity Science, 2015.
- Fellow of Society for Applied Biotechnology, 2014.
- Certificate of Excellence in Science &Technology Awards 2015.
- Received SAB Eminent Biotechnologist Award for the year 2014.
- IRRI-BMZ sponsored US$ 1,500 for attending training at IRRI on “Phenotyping for abiotic stresses in rice”, held at IRRI, Philippines from 27.10.2011 to 11.11.2011.
- Srilochani-Varadarajula endowment award for publishing best research paper in international journal with high impact factor for the year 2009-10.
- Srilochani-Varadarajula endowment award for publishing best research paper in international journal with high impact factor for the year 2008-09.
- IRRI-BMGF sponsored US$ 2,640 for attending training at IRRI on Marker Assisted Selection (MAS) in Rice: Theory, Practice and Application, held at IRRI, Philippines from 24.11.2008 to 05.12.2008.
Development and released a rice variety for early transplanted condition CR Dhan 318
- Associated with the development and release of two rice varieties of irrigated ecology CR Dhan 602, CR Dhan 319, CR Dhan 801 (Multiple stress tolerant)
- Associated with the development and release of five aerobic rice varieties CR Dhan 203, CR Dhan 205, CR Dhan 207, CR Dhan 209 and Swarna Shreya.
- Associated with the development and release of semi-deep and deep water ecology varieties of CR Dhan 506 and CR Dhan 508.
- Identified high micronutrient dense rice genotype (Published in Journal Food Science, J. Food Sci. 2011, 76(4): 122-130.
- Associated with the development of flash flood tolerant rice genotype AURC 02-05-2 (ASD16 x PY 5). (Published in Indian J. Pl. Genetic Res, 2010, 23(2):45-48.
| Research papers in National/International Journals (Nos)
| Review papers in National/International Journals (Nos)
| Book Chapters (Nos)
|Technical Bulletin (Nos)
| Books (Nos)
|Popular article (Nos)