- To strengthen quality seed production capabilities of various institutions by
- Precision in seed production activities, from sowing to harvesting
- Up gradation of seed processing, testing and quality assurance units
- Providing improved storage structures and packaging facilities
- To enhance seed production of agricultural crops both in terms of quantity and quality
- To undertake rapid multiplication of vegetatively propagated crops through tissue culture/ micro propagation.
- To improve quality of farm-saved seed and dissemination of seed production, processing and storage technologies.
- Expansion of the sphere of activities of quality seed production to far flung areas (eg: NEH region), so that benefits of this project will infiltrate uniformly across the country
- To explore alternative areas for seed production, planting windows and alternative crops for inclement climatic conditions as contingency measures
- To undertake Human Resource Development (HRD) through training of trainers and seed producers.