Scientist, Agricultural Biotechnology
Email: kuldip[at]icar[dot]gov[dot]in, kjgenome[at]gmail[dot]com
|| Subject/ Discipline
|| C.S.J.M. University, Kanpur, U.P.
|| Zoology, Botany, Chem.
||Banaras Hindu University,Varanasi, U.P.
||Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, U.P
Joining date in ICAR (yyyy/mm/dd) : 2015/01/01
Current area of Research/Specialization:
Seeds immunology, development of seed disease diagnostics system by application of modern biotechnological tools, Improvement of seed health, testing of seeds genetic purity, and high throughput genotyping for dissection of complex seeds traits.
- Co-PI: Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) funded project entitled “Development of cytoplasmic male sterile lines in onion (Allium cepa L) through targeted mutagenesis of AcMSH1 gene”).
- Mrs. Prem Kumari Singh Memorial Gold Medal 2010.
- Qualified GATE (Life Science),2011 ,94 Percentile.
- Qualified ICAR-NET (Agricultural Biotechnology) 2013.
- Qualified UGC- CSIR JRF (Life Science), June 2013 (58thrank).
- Qualified ICAR Senior Research Fellowship 3rd rank (Discipline Agriculture Biotechnology) for Ph.D. ICAR(2014).
- Qualified IARI Merit Fellowship for Ph.D. IARI 4th rank (2014).
- Standardized protocol of RNA isolation in secondary metabolite rich tissues of Alliums
- Developed 3500 ILPs/SSRs/cpSSRs markers, Screened 800 ILPs/SSRs/cpSSRs markers and identified 400 polymorphic markers in Alliums
- Developed DNA fingerprint of onion and garlic
- Confirmed high total soluble solid (HTSS) onion lines through ILP markers
- Identified,characterized and selected superior wild Alliums for genetic improvement of Allium cepa and Allium sativum
- Standardized tissue culture methodology for healthy garlic production
|Research Papers in National / International Journals (Nos.)
|Paper presented/ abstract published
|Chapters in training manual / book (Nos.)
|Technical Bulletin / Extension folder (Nos.)
|Popular Articles (Nos.)